Apparently Ida has collided with a nor'easter and now we have this crazy storm going on. Wind gust have hit over 55mph and the rain is being blown sideways! Just blocks from home the Chesapeake Bay has massive waves. We briefly thought about going surfing, but they are giving tickets to anyone they see in water and we don't have wet suites for surfing (water temps are in the low 60's now). I wanted to take more storm photos but its just insane outside....maybe later! Ocean view ave is flooded, luckily we are not in a flood zone. The base and ship yard have been shut down and all schools and most business'. Nate and I both have the day off work, and at least I get to spend the day in my warm, dry , cozy house with my wonderful Hubby. Think I'll make some cookies!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Blown Away....
Apparently Ida has collided with a nor'easter and now we have this crazy storm going on. Wind gust have hit over 55mph and the rain is being blown sideways! Just blocks from home the Chesapeake Bay has massive waves. We briefly thought about going surfing, but they are giving tickets to anyone they see in water and we don't have wet suites for surfing (water temps are in the low 60's now). I wanted to take more storm photos but its just insane outside....maybe later! Ocean view ave is flooded, luckily we are not in a flood zone. The base and ship yard have been shut down and all schools and most business'. Nate and I both have the day off work, and at least I get to spend the day in my warm, dry , cozy house with my wonderful Hubby. Think I'll make some cookies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment