Last weekend we did a spur of the moment trip to DC. I would of loved to have more time, but just happy to finally have made it up there. I have to say I was a bit surprised at how beautiful the city is. Well at least the area we were in! We couldn't fit in everything we wanted to do....not even close! We had to prioritize big time! We chose to do the museum of natural history. I highly recommend it. The history stored in just one of the buildings is AMAZING!!! We spent only an afternoon but I could have stayed in that place for days. The Dinosaurs was the icing on the history cake. You just don't get the scale of how massive they
en! I also have to say that I truly can't believe in "Titanic" the movie after seeing the "Hope diamond" in person....No women in her right mind would throw that into the ocean!! The monuments were the other must do on our list. We did manage to get to everything and if I had to guess I'd say we logged over 10 miles in doing so. We saw the Washington monument, the World War 2 memorial, the Lincoln memorial, the capital
building and of course the White house....then we went back and saw them all again to get night shots, SO worth it! Everything is breathtakingly beautiful lit against the skylight of the city. Night also gives a reverent aspect to the monuments causing you to reflect on what they really represent. Just knowing that I was seeing the history that made our country great was humbling. Though this country can be aggravating and frustrating at times(we don't and wont always agree
on how it should be ran) there is always hope and these monuments simply by being, prove that.
A weekend I will never forget. Everyone should try at least once in their lifetime.
No comments:
Post a Comment